Friday, June 22, 2012

Diary of a Lonely Muppet

Ever since the Muppet show went off the air and I was forced to face and combat my drug addiction I have been left with the feeling of loneliness. 

They say that God puts you exactly where you supposed to be, which means that when my friend in recovery was hit by a car last week, God put him under the wheels of a car because thats where he was supposed to be.

But I sit back on my computer and think, "When is it going to be God's will that I fall in love"? Why does it seem that where I'm supposed to be is alone?  Where is my Miss Piggy?

And then when my thoughts are racing I think to myself, "What if my soulmate doesn't live in this city or this state"?  Then the anxiety seeps in that I need to start racing around the country looking for the woman I love knowing that she herself is just waiting around for me to find her.

Would I use a map, or Mapquest to find her?  Would she be sitting in a Starbucks or a parking lot?  How would I recognize her face or would I know by her smile?

Now I already feel like I found the woman I wanna spend my time with, but the strong forces that pull us together also seem to keep us apart. I cannot fight that level of power. I can only hope that it allows our bond to strengthen, yet it seems to want us apart.

Neil Peart of RUSH once wrote, "I believe there's a ghost of a chance we can find someone to love and make it last." I agree with him. 

But it feels like time is running out.  Time won't stand still.  The children are growing up and old friends are growing older. The summer has just started but in so many ways it feels like one long, cold, endless winter in my heart.

I have more love than my soul can hold; I need someone to help carry the load.

I wish Stella Blue would......

3 comments:

  1. Ever try Mapquest? Speed dating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still had your blog in my head. Not Mapquest, buy rather match.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll use Mapquest to come over to your house and fondle your moose knuckle. Dr. Teeth don't take dating advice from no one, especially not women! He uses women for sex not tips.

    ReplyDelete